How does a bedwetting alarm work
How a bedwetting alarm works
Do you want to know how a bedwetting alarm works? A bedwetting alarm is a method based on waking your child when he/she wets the bed. The function of a bedwetting alarm will make sure your child actually wakes up at night. The Dryly® bedwetting alarm consists of special sensor underwear and an alarm system. If the Dryly® underwear gets wet, an alarm goes off in your child’s mobile app as well as in your mobile app.
The most important condition for proper use is that the child has a strong motivation to stop bedwetting. As a parent, you also have to realize that your support (even at night) is crucial. Curious about how a bedwetting alarm works? You can read about that at the bottom of this page.
How does a bedwetting alarm work?
- The first step is to put on the Dryly® underwear. We’ve designed the sensor underwear so that it both fits well and is fun to put on because of the happy prints.
- Click the transmitter on the press studs of the Dryly® underwear. Put on the pajama pants over them.
- Put your child to bed with a fixed bedtime ritual. In the Dryly® app, we give you an example of a good bedtime ritual to both allow your child to urinate properly and relax.
- In the app you will find a movie about the operation of the bedwetting alarm, watch it regularly with your child. That way your child understands the operation of the bedwetting alarm.
- If your child wets the bed at night, your app will set off an alarm. Turn the alarm off and walk to your child. The bedwetting alarm also goes off in your child’s Wizzu.
- Let your child pee on the toilet and put on a new pair of sensor pants. Change the bed if necessary.
The essence behind the question ‘how does a bedwetting alarm work’ is that your child starts actively working on becoming dry at night. Your child should go to sleep with the idea: “Wizzu wakes me up tonight and then I jump out of my bed to pee”.